Thursday, April 10, 2014

Wireless secured

Newflash:

            Thanks to the Army advocate, Julie (who went to BU, but has never seen the Patriots Day reenactment), a liaison between the Department of Defense and Wrenmimic, I have secured a Verizon Wireless Hotspot! This device, the size of a cell phone, transmits a WiFi signal to any computer within range. I am so excited! This means I can send emails during the day, without the hunt-and-peck Blackberry routine, access my web-based contact list, surf the web, and even watch Yo-Yo Ma play the Bach Cello Suite for One in G Major. Up to this moment, I’ve had to be at my brother Steve’s home to send my blog post and long emails, check the weather, and search the internet, all of which cut into my sleep time.

            Oh, yeah, and David’s doing fine. He’s doing laps around the ward, eating regular food, and is finished with one antibiotic: flagyl.


            Tomorrow afternoon will be David’s Day 14 bone marrow biopsy. We won’t have results till Monday or Tuesday. A clarification learned today: the Day 14 biopsy can not confirm remission, it can only show whether  or not we’re headed in the right direction. The Day 21 biopsy can confirm remission. If the AML is not in remission, he will have more chemo immediately, until remission is achieved. At that point he will have consolidation therapy, to maintain remission, in preparation for a bone marrow transplant.

6 comments:

  1. thanks for all the updates. praying for him and everyone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for the Army advocate!

    It is wonderful to hear your voice and the update. Love and prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mary,
    I'm learning how to leave comments on a blog. I am very moved by your blog and your email to me. I'll be in touch. Love, Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear David is fine and what the next tests will tell. That is great you got WiFi... and explains how I got behind on reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been thinking about you a lot these past days since learning about what you are going through with David. I'm glad you can be with him. Even though it is a tough time for everyone, it is also a very special and spiritual time as well. We are praying for all of you every day. I know you will see unique blessings and miracles as you go through this experience. We love you. Peter and Arlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the update, Mary. Glad to hear that David is doing well in spite of surgery and intense treatment. We are thinking of you and missing you too. David is in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete