Monday, April 7, 2014

FLT3

            David’s diagnosis is AML: acute myeloid leukemia, sub-type FLT3-ITD. His chromosomes are normal, but there is a gene mutation that is driving the leukemia process. It is one of the least favorable sub-types of AML, which in itself is an aggressive cancer. Basically, his bone marrow is producing too many immature white blood cells, which are crowding out his healthy blood cells, both white and red.

            With the great blessing of the internet, Jim and I were able to listen to the General Conference of our church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We're Mormon.) with David and our daughter, R'el, in his hospital room. Jim and I watched the Sunday morning session at the Washington Temple Visitors Center. President Dieter F. Uchtdorf’s talk about sorrow spoke directly to my grieving heart.

            I’ve set a goal to update my blog 3 times a week. Feel free to pass this link onto anyone who is interested. And thank you all for your prayers, love, and support. I can’t describe how, but I can actually feel them bringing calm and peace into my life.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about the latest diagnoses. Your faith is a blessing and (a part of) your strength. Another part of the strength is the people who love you- your family, your religious community, and all of us, your friends. We are all here beside you, and will be here when you come back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in our thoughts - today and always.

    Love,

    Meg & Jim

    ReplyDelete