Thursday, April 26, 2018

Stop Whining!

No, I’m not talking about bereavement. I will be bereft of our son, David, until I die and meet him again.

I’m talking about some other whining in my life, specifically having to do with the side effects of taking manic depression medications. (For another post: why I hate the term ‘bipolar’.)

It has to do with subscribing to audible.com, after months or years of another son recommending it to me. I recently finished my third audiobook, A Town Like Alice by Nevil Shute. I saw a PBS miniseries back in my late teens and later read the book. I thoroughly enjoyed revisiting it. Listening to it brought me in touch with Mary Hazen. The one who wasn’t afraid of mania or depression, who didn’t have to worry about drug side effects.

What would she think of my whining? She would have no tolerance for it. So why should I? Habits are hard to break, but I’m ready to live onward without this one.

Wish me luck! I’ll let you know more about it next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment