Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Pi Days

Two Years Ago

I bought secondhand tickets to a Broadway show, If/Then, excited to see Idina Menzel in person. After the show, Peter picked up Xiomara and Andrew, flying home from Honduras. Next morning, we all went to church in Kingsbridge: David played with Andrew, who had just learned to say 'camisa' (shirt).

Happy Pi Day 2017!

Yesterday I drove to Clifton, NJ, to visit my brother Mike during his dinner. Today we had a snow day in the Bronx: Peter and Xiomara stayed home and we played soccer in the apartment hallway. In the afternoon, Andrew and Peter and I ventured out to play, but the snow was like fine sand, not snowball material at all. The icy gusts nearly blew Andrew over as he tried to scoop out my car with my dad’s blue plastic shovel with the telescoping handle. He and I went home while Peter finished shoveling out my car. (I had brought a full-size shovel from home for just this purpose.)

We had tuna salad sandwiches for supper and, since it's Pi Day, I made a rhubarb pie with fresh sliced strawberries.



               Queen Victoria was not amused.


Tomorrow it’s back to work for Peter and Xiomara. The kids and I will venture out to the library for toddler storytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment