Friday, December 19, 2014

Lunder 10 Once Again

            Well, Dr. Fathi suspects an intestinal infection: colitis can be ruled out (sorry, lame joke), might be enteritis. So, even though David has no fever or chills, he’s been admitted back up to Lunder 10. We’ve been here for an hour and I just thought to look out the window. We score big time! The Charles River sparkles below us and through a tall and shorter building I can monitor the Storrow Drive traffic: currently moving slowly in each direction. Last stay we had a boring view of a wall. If I pressed my head against the glass at the far side of the window, I could see the state capitol building. But this view, this view will be spectacular tomorrow, when the sun is up.

David will be starting the prep for an abdominal CT scan soon: 3 doses of oral contrast and contrast by IV as well. He is nauseous, so the prep is not welcome.

            We’ve spent the day at MGH, starting with our semi-weekly 10 a.m. appointment. I knew it would be a long day when Judy, the nurse practitioner, showed up 20 minutes before her appointed rounds. I got a break in the middle of the day: I drove to Waltham to see my therapist of 13 years. Got lost 3 times (must be a bit stressed today), including a time when it took the GPS 5 minutes to “re-route”. By then I had understood and corrected my mistake. As Red Riding Hood says in Into the Woods: “Do not put your faith in a cape and a hood; they will not protect you the way that they should.” I’ll include GPS in that. Next time I’ll review my trusty map. Don’t get me wrong, GPS is amazing. But not foolproof (hmmm, what does that make me?), especially in Greater Boston.


            David has done well: keeping out of the hospital since September 3rd. (No, I didn’t have that memorized: hurray for MS Word search.)

3 comments:

  1. Wishing you a blessed Christmas and deep understanding of all that you have including some things that may be taken away. It will make you stronger as you understand what Heavenly Father must've gone through. 💘

    ReplyDelete