Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Tending Eliza

I spent all of last week at RootsTech, the largest family history conference in the world. I attended presentations from 8 a.m. into the evening and learned about immigration records, German surnames (my two grandmothers were German), maintaining research logs, and helping others with family history.

I thought I’d write this week, while tending 15-month-old Eliza in southern California. What was I thinking? I’m staying with my sister and her husband, which gives me some breaks now and again, but Eliza's favorite activity is climbing the staircase. She crawls up fine, but hasn't learned the art of gracefully descending and insists on walking down, so I hold her hand. There's no child-gate and it's her go-to area to roam. Since she lives three thousand miles away, it’s precious time to be with her, but I do wish her once-a-day nap was a bit longer. Today I made the mistake of taking a long stroller-walk at 10 a.m. She slept in the stroller and her nap was shortened by an hour. Tomorrow's forecast is for rain. Thursday's game plan? Take my stroller-walk after her noontime nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment