Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Godt nytt år!

Godt nytt år!!! greeted me Sunday evening, 8 hours before midnight in Provo, Utah. My sister was in Norway.

We’ve been goofing off, attending a nephew’s wedding in Salt Lake City, hanging out with our daughter and son-in-law.

Yesterday we hiked up to the white concrete letter “Y” about 1650 feet above the Brigham Young campus. The actual trail ascends a thousand feet on a wide unpaved trail, and was dotted with young families. The four o’clock sun was strong and I soon regretted wearing my long fuchsia coat. I shifted it from one arm to the other, letting the perspiration evaporate. As we started to descend, however, the sun was setting behind the western mountains and I gratefully put it on.

The letter "Y" is taller than the Hollywood sign is wide: 380 feet. It's also taller than Whipple Hill, the highest point in Lexington. We'll be returning to the lower lands tomorrow: lower and more trees.



No comments:

Post a Comment