Thursday, July 2, 2015

Hospice Likely



            David will probably be admitted into hospice today.

            He was coughing uncontrollable this morning and called an ambulance, which took him and Jim to MGH. He was coughing up some blood and his heart rate was high. An ENT doctor couldn’t determine the source with a camera down the throat. The next step would be intubation to probe into the lungs and a stay in the intensive care unit. In consultation with Dr. Fathi, David and Jim decided not to have the intubation and to have David return home and enter hospice. He can’t do that from the emergency department. At this moment I’m not sure what the procedure will be.

            We are grateful for all your support and prayers.

13 comments:

  1. You will be held in my heart, both here and on my journey. Love has no end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, I'm so sorry. Your family is constantly in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, you and Jim and David and all your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have my two ears and both shoulders, Mary. They are available when you need them. Note: I did not say, "if" I said "when". Prayers for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers, love, and hugs. I echo what Deb said- there is no end to love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How heartbreaking. I'll be here for you too whenever you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am also so sorry, Mary. We are blessed to have the faith that we do, but that doesn't mean that the path isn't very difficult. Our family will continue to keep your family in our prayers as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry. Your family are in my thoughts and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  9. David and your family are in my prayers!!! Love, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. All my prayers and thoughts are with all of you...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your family is in our prayers every day...

    ReplyDelete