Saturday, September 13, 2008

You have a friend in Pennsylvania

So, I never liked the PA license plate slogan: "You've got a friend in Pennsylvania." As a purist, I preferred the older and nobler "Keystone State." Also, it seemed a lame quote from Sweet Baby James, who has a link to Belmont next town over from us. But I need to amend my opinion. I used a stairmaster for an hour at the motel. Then I went for a cool down walk into a Shamokin Dam neighborhood just west of the Econolodge. Every single driver waved unsolicited, even the man who passed me going the same direction as me. Wow!
Today is sunnier, so Dad and I went back to Norry to retake some pictures and find "Bill's Grocery" where Mom, Dad, Steve and Timothy first lived after moving from the Island (the island between Sunbury and Northumberland in the Susquehanna River.
Last night we went to Tedd's Landing (misspelt in my last blog, apologies) BBQ, up near the top of Blue Hill. We could see crew shells, 2 person, 4 person and 8 person in the water. Must be Bucknell students from Lewisburg. I remember going to Bucknell to see a science fair when I was around 8 years old.
Well, I'll let you know how Dad's big speech went!

No comments:

Post a Comment